My skin is as bipolar as myself. It goes from very dry to oil factory before you can say ‘duh’. On top of that it is extremely sensitive. I was looking for an all natural remedy to my skin and as everyone and their third cousin was going gung ho about facial oil in 2014, I thought about trying my luck as well. Around the same time I came across a raving review about Kumkumadi oil in a fantastic blog (http://www.sweetandbitterblog.com/). I was all set to visit the Kama Ayurveda shop when I saw the Iraya one on sale on Jabong. And thought about trying it . After 4 months, I just went throgh my first bottle, on my second and already have stocked the third. This much I love it.
Cow’s Milk, Sesame Oil ( Sesamum Indicum ), Rice Bran Oil(Oryza Sativa), Rose Water ( Rosa Centifolia ), Saffron ( Crocus Sativus), Sandalwood (Santalum Album), Lodh Tree Bark (Symplocos Racemosa), Red Sanders Wood (Pterocarpus Santalinus), Coomb Teak (Adina Cordifolia), Vetiver (Vetiveria Zizanoides), Manjishta (Rubia Cordifolia), Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra), Lotus seed (Nelumbo Nucifera), Turmeric(Curcuma Longa), Indian Barberry (Berberis Aristata), Cobra Saffron (Mesua Ferrea), Flame Of The Forest (Butea Menosperma),Priyangu (Callicarpa Macrophylla), Banyan(Ficus Bengalensis), Mustard (Brassica Campestris),Ginger (Zingiber Zerumbet), Essential Oils of Bergamot and Lavender.
What is claims:
Prescribed in Ayurveda as a ‘Miraculous Elixir’ for the skin, Kumkumadi is an absolute classic! This revered formulation contains pure Saffron and 25 precious Ayurvedic herbs that have been relied upon through the ages to lighten and brighten the complexion. It evens skin tone, clears blemishes, minimises fine lines and surface imperfections and also helps improve skin’s texture.
What I Liked:
- I used 4-5 drops in winter and 2-3 drops right now in the summer, every alternate night after cleaning my face.
- I Never had a single pimple after using it, when most bb creams give me horrible breakouts.
- My existing marks are almost gone.
- Skin is much clrearer, but not lighter. For that matter nothing healthy should ever change your complexion. If it would have been the case, I would have stopped using it from the next day.
- Skin is healthier than ever, it may also because of my skin regime but this oil surely contributes to it.
What I Did Not:
- It is expensive as hell (995 for 10 ml), I will be looking for discounts.
- The husband went crazy because of the smell for first few days, but I like it .
I Received the saffron elixir sample , but it did not suit me.
You can check their website: http://www.iraya.in/198-kumkumadi-facial-oil-10-ml.html
Now the second produc is of course The Bodyshop vitamin E serum in oil, which when used alone works good for me but when I use it alternate day with the kukumadi oil , the result is stunning.
This surely burns a hole in my pocket but am using it for 5 months now and still has some productleft, so the investment is worth.
What is your skin care secret? let me know.