- I was in a hostel.
- I could fit all my clothes in half a wardrobe and a suitcase.
- Rest of my posessions would fit 2 drawers of my study table( except books).
My life now
- My parents’ house, my inlaws’ house both have storage shortage because of me.
- We are moving to a new house and I fear I will clutter it too.
- Few of my things are in my car trunk for 3 weeks, because I dont need/love them and I seriously dont know why I bought them in the first place.
In short I have oniomania or shopping addiction. During my many years alone I used to tell myself that I miss my family and my partner so Ishop. After moving back to Kolkata I told myself that I miss my friend so I shop. In short I SHOP. And I fall in those kind of shoppers who cant miss a good bargain. I liked something today-tomorrow it has 50% off tag- I buy it. I am not getting broke like the movie, I save every month and to keep myself on check I dont carry a credit card ever.But I think I could save much much more and could have created less carbon foot print. Thus I am challenging myself to undertakr 100 days shopping ban.
- 100 days no shopping.
- Make-up and beauty products are allowed only if they get over and I dont have any alternative.
- Only 2 books a month as hardcopy, because I have a serious storage issue.
- I will shop my own closet and would wear each piece atleast once or give it away.
- I will blog about it every week.
- Get all the fabrics stash stitched or give it away in these 100 days.
Today was the day 1 and while hunting my closer I discovered a gem. 15-20 years old leather messanger bag, my mother only paid Rs 150 for in Kolkata LEXPO. It shows the age but very usable. I win. 🙂